Friday 10 October 2008

Walks around our village of Abernethy.

We are lucky living here in that we have a variety of types of walk, with our varied landscape around the village. To the south we have the glen and the Law and to the north we have the flat strath land of the rivers Earn and Tay. The following photographs show something of the walk up the steep Law. I had put off climbing up (thinking too much of my age) but was spurred on by one of my doggy visitors doing so before me! Once I got going it wasn't too bad and the views from the top were well worth the effort. I followed a narrow path from near the summit and it led to the forest track where the aroma from the firs and larches was intoxicating and it was so silent: not another person to be seen and only occasionally the sound of some animal, probably a deer, making off through the trees, or a bird taking flight.
I returned on the following 3 days but then discovered that the area was actually infested with ticks, judging by the amount of "livestock" I found on the dogs as I bathed them for a show. I haven't been back since then. I'll wait till we've had a few hard frosts then try again.

No comments: