Thursday 1 January 2009

New Year's Day

Since 2 of the bitches are in season I took just the 3 dogs to the fairly newly constructed walk around Loch Leven, near Kinross. Only a couple of cars in the car park when I arrived but many more arrived later.
This is an RSPB nature reserve so I had to keep the dogs leashed for fear of disturbing any wildlife. The other reason for being out and about was that I wanted to try out the new camera. As you will see, I still have to perfect my technique and I cut short the walk after about 45 minutes as the card in the camera was full.
The dogs did have a chance to run about for another 45 minutes as I walked down by the loch below the car park where there were no other people.
The reason the camera card held so few images was because when I had been fiddling about with knobs and buttons yesterday I had altered the number of pixels and the compression (don't ask me to explain that in detail!) but I have reset the workings and hope to be able to shoot more images per card in future.......I'll learn!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

not bad for starters! Happy new year.

jrl said...

Bit of a difference from the weather a couple of days prior!

Anonymous said...

Very crisp at full screen size, Anne. You must be very pleased with your new purchase - or maybe it was a gift?