Monday 12 January 2009

Warts and all Weekend.

Dog showing is a pretty undulating pastime, the results that is! There cannot be many enthusiasts who can boast that they always win. Sometimes I win but many times I am on the losing end and the past weekend was one of those. I had only entered Mo and George on both days but, apart from chatting a lot, we won nothing. I cannot say I could altogether blame the judges as Mo's heart was not in it. His ears were sort of half pinned back and he would look at neither me nor the judge, only at the floor and had no interest in the array of tasty treats I had taken for bait. He was pining for his 2 in-season bitches at home.
George was different.......he behaved alright, apart from allowing his tail to drift up in the air then down when standing but he is looking extremely clumsy at the moment as his father did at this age. Perhaps he will look a bit finer as he matures (here's hoping anyway!) I'll keep entering him for the moment so as he can have some practice.
The weather did warm up though and we reached the balmy heights of 8 degrees. So it wasn't all doom and gloom. Roll on next weekend!

1 comment:

jrl said...

8 degrees! - them were the days.... this week we have had temps of 45 degrees at 5pm with it remaining in the forties until late evening!!!