Monday 30 August 2010

One weekend---Two dog shows.

Just what I like! Should I be taking it easier at just on my three score years and ten?....no way...I'm not giving in that easily...always have been a sticker!
Luckily, this time both shows were close to home, one being forty minutes away and the other an hour. Have you noticed how we Scots tend to measure distance in hours and minutes?
My friend Sue (Gennasus) from way up in Morayshire (three hours away!!) drove down to the Scottish Papillon Club Open show in Alva on Saturday and then stayed overnight with us here before going on to the Scottish Kennel Club Show at Edinburgh on Sunday. We both had two good days showing with Sue's Desmond winning Reserve Best in Show at Alva and my Swallow going Reserve Best Bitch and young Maisie winning Best Puppy in Show.
On the Sunday at Ingliston SKC Maisie again won Best Pup in Breed, having gone against Sue's Elwood who had won Best Dog Pup. Swallow won her Limit Bitch class but Sue's Pansy won the Reserve Bitch Challenge Certificate. My little Roley came second in his puppy class.
The weather, as usual, was not at all friendly on Sunday with terrific gusts of a cold wind causing the marquees to flap quite a bit but it did stay fair and sunny for most of the day. However, today, annoyingly enough, it has been beautiful with just the trace of a breeze.
I'm hoping Sue will send me some photos she took of the dogs with the prizes they won on the Saturday. I will post them when they arrive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Done Ann, two very good days!Lynda