Wednesday 17 November 2010

A bit of decorating.

I never did like the colour of the wallpaper in the kitchen when we moved to this house over 5 years ago but I have only now got down to changing things. It had been newly decorated and we don't change things till they require changing. Dogs had seen to this with little chewed bits on the skirting boards and little nibbles at the wallpaper. Some time ago I stuck vinyl flooring strips on the bottom part of the walls so no chewing there now and topped them with a narrow wooden moulding but that red/ pinkish paper up above was fading in the sunlight. (sometimes the sun shines here!) It had to go...well, had to be covered up.

I started gloss painting the wooden skirtings and door surrounds yesterday and then had to protect the parts covered, from the dogs, by opening out the puppy pen. It is taking forever to become completely dry. You can see our trusty 45 year old wooden step ladders with their record of all the colours of paint we have used over the years. I may say, I look pretty much like they do at the end of the day. I start off using gloves but they are soon discarded and I wish I had worn an old shirt over my jumper!


Swallow takes refuge beside the radiator.


The first coat of emulsion has been applied and the place looks brighter already. Some of my sundry equipment covers the kitchen table!

Luckily, one complete wall has been tiled and I am not about to change these, even although they are a dark burgundy colour so nothing needs painted there.
Second coat tomorrow then put things back on the wall and re-hang the clock.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

bill / b said...

I hope your not using turps to thin the gloss & is Chic hiding with the other dogs

Anonymous said...

Hope thoses painting utensils are being cleaned properly???!!!!!