Sunday 1 February 2009

Caledonian Open show, Edinburgh.

Sue with her papillons and viszla and Morag with her Eurasier travelled down from the north and stayed overnight with me to attend the show on Saturday.
The visiting dogs were good as gold but I was ready to exterminate George who had me up and down all night as he barked nervously (and loudly) if he heard the slightest movement coming from their bedrooms. I don't think any of us had much sleep.
We saw the most spectacular sunrise as we passed the Kinross area, on the road south, in the morning, on the way to the show, with the hills standing out against a crimson sky. Apparently, Sue had been hanging out the window of Morag's van to capture it on camera, with Morag chittering away at the wheel, shouting, "Get that window closed. I'm frozen!"
Again, my results were unspectacular, the best being Spencer's 2nd placing in the AV Vintage Dog, under Mark Cocozza.

No comments: