Tuesday 3 February 2009

The Last Post!

No, not that one.
According to the airline website my flights look set to be on schedule for tomorrow, bar any more severe weather. We've had rain here all day till late afternoon when it turned to snow and Chic reminded me that in March 1947 that was how things started. Practically the whole country was at a standstill then,with huge drifts blocking roads. I can remember being off school for weeks. We lived on my grandfather's farm on top of a hill in Fife and all the farm men set off walking, pulling sledges, to the nearest town, a good few miles away, to replenish the cupboards. That was the worst winter I can remember until the severe one of the '70s when we lived near Nethybridge in Inverness-shire.
Anyway, all being well (it has now turned to frost here!) I'll soon be down under....late evening on Thursday, UK time. I'll be back in good time for Crufts---do I care that the BBC will be absent? See you there.

4 comments:

jakay said...

My question is..... did the farm workers ever return from that visit to the shops?

Gennasus said...

Hope you get away ok. You'll be going from one extreme to another! Hope you're not wearing your sun dress this end.

Mal Burns said...

Hope all goes well with travel plans - and that you have a great time :-)

best wishes,

Debs

jrl said...

She's bringing the cold weather with her!! - Forecast is for the mid twenties for the coming week!