Saturday 7 February 2009

Day 2

Well I lasted out till 9pm and I don't remember much more till 7.30 this morning...best sleep I've had in years (must do this more often!).
Today was area familiarisation day, starting off in the forenoon with a trip southwards through the vineyards of McLaren Vale then back towards the coast to Aldinga Beach where Julie and family are building a house and there is the most spectacular beach of soft white sand with not a pebble in sight. As is the custom in these parts we drove straight on to the beach and we had a paddle while young Andrew went "swimming". Then it was home for lunch , a quick tour of central Adelaide, with its skyscrapers interspersed with old Victorian type buildings eg banks etc. and eastwards up into the wooded Adelaide hills in search of koalas but none seen today. Back home , after a visit to the showhome, the model of their future house (and very modern too) followed by another meal (BBQ, of course) and finally off again to an agility show where Ian was competing with Roz, their Australian Shepherd they took out with them. The show started at 6.30pm and we got home at midnight. The temperatures were lower today, only reaching mid 30s and nearing midnight I had to slip on a short sleeved blouse as a cardigan as it had got a good bit cooler (mid 20s, by now!) The show was run, for the most part, under floodlights.
I think I'd better get off to bed now as it is 12.30 and everyone else has gone to bed--think I've got my second wind!.....no time tonight to muck about posting photos. They will follow later.
Despite factor 30 sunscreen I've gained a bit colour as I have been out in the sun a bit today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear all the news. Our news here is snow, snow and more snow. I wonder if we will ever make Carnoustie at this rate, but although I envy you the scenery and the experiences I just couldn't live with high temperatures. Still looking forward to those pictures when you get your third wind.