Sunday 15 March 2009

Clydebank and District C.C. Open Show - The Toy Group.

In a howling gale yesterday I drove to Lanark with plenty time to spare before the Papillon classes but as usual I got chatting (blethering, some might call it!) and nearly missed the first class with George. I realised that I still hadn't pinned on my ring-clip, rushed back out of the ring to get it, tripping up George in the process but luckily he was not put off by this and came in second. Mo won the next class and Swallow came second in the Open class.
Loading the car in such a strong wind proved quite difficult as the cage covers were being blown off and the car doors were pulled out of my hands.
Such was the strength of the wind that the Forth Road Bridge was closed to all vehicles but cars and the speed was restricted. Thank goodness everything is much calmer today.

No comments: