Monday 16 March 2009

Spring at last?

It has definitely warmed up a bit at last, even reaching 9 degrees C. at the weekend. I'm a bit too long in the tooth to think that winter is really well and truly behind us yet (the Teuchit Storms--April snow showers, are all too often evident during the sowing season) and I won't be jumping into my summer gear for a while yet..."ne'er cast a clout 'ere The May be out" ...what my granny used to say and not that far wrong most years. We, as children, were never allowed to wear our sandals till June--that's not to say I didn't sneak them away to school, hidden in the depths of my leather schoolbag, so that I could be the same as my friends---you have to conform or be ostracised.
But the signs of Spring are evident. The snowdrops have been and gone, the crocuses are out and the daffodils are beginning to bud........GREAT!!!

No comments: