Tuesday 18 May 2010

Tragic News.

I've just had the sad news that Candy, the Clydesdale who foaled on Saturday, has Grass Sickness, that mysterious equine illness for which there is, as yet, no cure, and is to be put down shortly. The foal, who seems to be quite healthy, has been taken away to be hand fed in the meantime, while the search starts for a foster mother. I hope it is soon as the youngster has to be fed every hour and I know how sapping it is to hand rear pups, who are not fed every hour. It goes without saying that the whole family is totally gutted.
Never a truer saying than "Them that have stock must bear losses".

3 comments:

Mary said...

What a shock for you all, Anne, and a huge burden of work ahead.

Gail said...

How horrible. My thoughts are with you.

Gennasus said...

Such sad news, I really hope there's a foster mum out there for the foal and that she thrives.