Monday 31 August 2009

Scottish Papillon Club Open Show.-the 2nd hectic day!



My task, as a committee member for the club, was to bake some cakes and make a big pot of stovies, a traditional Scottish dish, suitable for the exhibitors.This time, because our club shows are held on the same weekend as the Scottish Kennel Club Champ. show, things became quite hectic as the club show was the 2nd of the 2 days. So organisation of the cooking and baking was at a premium, as sponges cannot be made far in advance of consumption... I have very little room in my upright freezer drawers to store baking. I burned quite a bit of the midnight oil last week.


Sue (Gennasus) came to stay for the 2 nights of the shows and she was drafted in, on Saturday evening, to help with the stovies. She peeled the potatoes while I sliced them and prepared the onions etc. and eventually the cooking got underway at about 9pm.


They must have turned out ok as there was none left for me, nor did I taste my raspberry cream sponge as it too had gone, but I did manage to have some of the other cakes.


This turned out to be, for me, one of my most successful club shows for a few years. Spencer was Best Veteran in Show, Mo came first in Open dog, Swallow went unplaced but then.....Spencer was declared Reserve Best in Show...not bad for an almost 12 year old dog!
This was his second such award at this club show, having been RBIS when he was a much younger dog, a good few years ago.

3 comments:

Gail said...

Congratulations!

Marian said...

I have to say it was your home baking that swung my decision to go to the Club Show rather than SKC. Even if I did start the day with a flat tyre.
Congratulations to Mo and Spencer. What a great dog he is

Anonymous said...

That dog is so cute! He looks regal.