Tuesday 18 November 2008

Haute Couture!

Now , I could never be accused of being a victim of fashion, nor ever even remotely approaching its cutting edge but over the past few years my wardrobe has increased, thanks to dog showing. Before actually attending one I assumed that because people were to be handling dogs they would wear the type of clothes worn among animals on a farm......you know the type of thing, old jeans, jerseys and maybe even wellies! WRONG! The Toy people are , in the main, very well dressed.(and so are those of other groups, I hasten to add.)
I soon learned that I required something to hold the all important titbits and maybe a brush, and a poo bag...and a paper hanky(for eyes)...and a squeaky toy. First of all I tried a little shoulder bag but that was rejected in time as, when I bent down to pick up the dog to put him/her on the table, the bag swung round and whacked the dog on the head. Old Buzz and Spencer were never really too bothered by this but some of my ladies nearly took flight, but for the lead. I needed something with pockets.
I also noticed, after showing for some time, that those who were winning Best of Breed and Best in Group seemed to be wearing red jackets! I would have to buy one. This I did (from a shop!) and lo and behold.......I started to win some prizes. (Nothing to do with the fact that I then had a better dog!)
A black jacket followed, but the white hairs were too obvious so eventually, on the advice of a friend, and she knows who I mean, don't you, Sue, I scoured ebay.
It became an obsession, parcel after parcel, from far and wide, arrived. The postage cost more than the jackets and some fitted better than others, but hey, what do you expect for £4 all in, roughly, per item?
I had to call a halt. The wardrobe could hold no more.

5 comments:

Gennasus said...

Ebay??? Never heard of it, I do all my shopping at Next and Joules, I'll have you know!

Anonymous said...

If I make a bid for the jacket, bottom picture, right hand side, how much chance have I of getting it?

Oh, forgot to ask what size it is?

Anonymous said...

I think I saw an "8" on the label-yes that's it........it must be size 8!!!!!!
Anne

Anonymous said...

Anne, Anne, remember Pinocchio!! I shall look carefully at you next time we meet.

Pyatshaw said...

OK.....so it's a "6". It's a little slack on me but I didn't want to be accused of being a stick insect!
My little button nose will stay exactly as it is!