Tuesday 11 November 2008

Now you know!

Puppy Solo had her first (well, second if you count her entry into the world) visit to the vet this afternoon for the first of her two injections. Normally I take my puppies for first injections at 8 weeks of age but, due to family commitments down south, this puppy is now almost 12 weeks and now he tells me I have to wait for another 3 weeks for the second injection as a new vaccine is being used which pups can have at 7 weeks and then 10 weeks. This is fine if you start at the 7 week stage but not so good in our case as it will be much later before I can take her out into the big wide world.
The only other client in the waiting room was a lady with ..........a papillon......and what a specimen he was! He must have been 14 inches high and he had a coat which put a young Shirley Temple's locks to shame! It was evident that food was high on his list of priorities.
We got talking and I asked where she had bought her dog and got the expected answer. She said they came in 3 sizes (I hope he was the biggest!) and "you don't get many with this type of curly coat. People can't believe he is 10" she added, proudly! (I summoned up, mentally, a picture of my own agile, slim, 11year old Spencer).I think she felt quite sorry for me with my normal puppy and waved goodbye as they waddled in for their appointment.
How I wish I'd had my camera!

4 comments:

Abbeyton Papillons & Phalenes said...

LOL Mrs Mac, love your description sounds just like the tales puppy farmers tell poor joe public.
Shame your Solo is going to have to put off revealing herself to the world in person for another wee while. Look forward to seeing her.

Gennasus said...

So they come in three sizes? Well.....you learn something every day, must have missed that in the standard. Was one of them 'teacup'? That seems to be the 'must have' fashion accessory these days.

Catriona said...

lol.........so not really what the show judges looking for.

Mogs said...

Mrs Mac, My cheeks are sore with laughter as i read your tales. I wish i had been there in that waiting room to see your face, 3sizes eh? Hope all is well!