Thursday 6 November 2008

Megan's other livestock

Also in the bedroom I was sharing with my grandson whilst away was his hamster. Most boring of pets, in my view, as the only time I was aware of him was the scratching around in his "space station" in the middle of the night. Once, previously,he had escaped from his little ball while his home was being cleaned and only after an extensive search was he found in a mound of toys under the bed. "Please don't let that happen while I'm here", I pleaded, as I have a terrible phobia of all things mouse-like with little beady eyes.
The fish were only visiting while their owners were on holiday but after the first week the water was a little cloudy looking so my daughter, totally inexperienced with the live version, decided to clean them out. The photo shows their temporary accommodation and the mode of transfer while the cleaning took place.

No comments: