Sunday 7 December 2008

Chalk and Cheese.

This must be the last "double" dog showing weekend for a while. The Saturday show was held in what must be the coldest venue in UK. What with that plus the fact that about half of the parking has disappeared due to the excavation and construction of a swimming pool, I keep saying, " That's the last time I go there" and yet, there I was again. I left home really early to travel the 40+ miles to make sure of a decent parking place but arrived to find that almost everyone else had done the same! It was worth it though as Mo came away with Best of Breed.
The Sunday show was slightly different in that I was judging the Toys and Terriers. It was a Limit show and the entry wasn't huge but the venue, a new one for the Scottish dog scene, was a warm, clean, fairly newly built sports centre with adequate parking. Just as well though I had done a reconnoitre to find the place in the preceding week as the start of judging was held back for a short time to allow the "lost souls" to make their way there.
I stayed to see the Best in Show, which went to a Bearded Collie and was delighted to see that my Best Terrier, a West Highland White, was awarded Reserve Best in Show.

1 comment:

Abbeyton Papillons & Phalenes said...

Well done to your westie winner Mrs Mac, and of course to you and Mo yesterday. Glad your venue was soemwhere you could judge in the warmth, unlike Bathgate where you go outside to warm up!!! LOL