Wednesday 10 December 2008

Leave it to the experts.

This year I thought I'd have a go at making my own Christmas cards. I had some seasonal photos and with the help of "Picasa" and related tools this would be a "cinch"! Ready creased, fold-over card was purchased from the stationers and I was ready to go. My friends would no longer have duplicate cards: none of these cheapo little things from Tesco etc.
Disaster followed disaster in the printworks. The photos came out facing the wrong edge and the wording on the inside was upside down. In future I'll leave all this sort of stuff to the experts and go back to buying a big box of assorted cards at the supermarket. The last straw came just as I had managed to print about 6 cards of dubious quality, but all of them unique. Up on the screen came the message, "The coloured ink cartridge is out of ink". I give up, give in and will retire gracefully to the shop, it's much cheaper.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been there, got the Teeshirt - and talking of Teeshirts, don't ever try printing one of those, especially if you have a steam iron with lots of lovely little holes to let the steam out. Anyone out there fancy a nice white apron with a picture of a papillon with white measles?

Anonymous said...

That was to be my next project but I think I'll take a rain check (as they say)!

Gennasus said...

I hope I'm getting one of the unique cards....can't wait to see it.

Pyatshaw said...

I couldn't possibly make another like it, even if I tried really hard! (and bought another colour ink cartridge).