Friday 6 February 2009

Australia!

I made it,on my own, and not even a hiccup, even my suitcase, which I hadn't seen since Edinburgh, appearing on the travellator at the airport in Adelaide!....well, all except planes running well behind schedule but I had a good few hours in hand at my connection points in London and Singapore. I did manage to get some sleep but I don't find it easy in the upright (almost) position. It feels like almost a week since I left auld reekie and the heat here in Adelaide hit me like the oven door being opened. The temperature today was recorded at 46 degrees in mid afternoon. I've had a short tour of Julie's area, a suburb of Adelaide, to try to keep me awake till at least 7 o'clock. We visited a huge shopping mall which was full of people of all ages and hardly a parking space in the vast parking area, to be found. Julie says people go there to keep cool as it is air conditioned---a bit like our much, much smaller mall in Perth (Scotland), which is full of elderly people trying to keep warm for free!
I like the sun, but this is far too hot for me to sit outside, even in the shade........maybe much later in the day.
I did take some photos of the wonderful beaches we saw on our short tour but will work out how to post them once I'm able to think straight.
I was very lucky to get away at all after the cancellation of lots of flights at both Heathrow and Edinburgh and I believe there has been more snow causing more havoc in UK.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew! So glad you made it OK. I was seriously thinking of phoning Chic, but thought he might have been fed up of the phone ringing and folks just wanting to know how you had got on and not how he was keeping the home fires burning!!! I look forward to seeing the photos when they follow and reading all the tales to come. I certainly don't like the weather we are having, but I don't think I could cope with your temperatures, Anne.

Gennasus said...

Glad you made it.....WAKE UP!!! I said I'm glad you made it and, most importantly, your suitcase.....but was it still in one piece?!

Anonymous said...

Her suitcase was in one piece but not so sure about her! Never ever heard mum say let's stay inside before!!! Did well though and stayed awake until 9pm - no doubt she'll be back on tomorrow!

Mogs said...

Glad you made it over there safely without any hiccups! Im proud of you doing that journey on your tod. Nevermind blogging all the time go and see Australia and the family of course! Hope you have fun and look forward to hearing about your adventures when you return!

Abbeyton Papillons & Phalenes said...

Mrs Mac have a great time in Australia, look forward to reading all about it and seeing the pictures. Any dog show visits planned? LOL

jakay said...

Hope you're remembering you're upside down now so a wee spell standing on your head to sort your blood supply out could help you to think straighter.
As far as I know the house is still still intact....