Wednesday 18 February 2009

Latest from Oz.

Since my last post I have flown to Brisbane, stayed a couple of nights at Currimbin Waters, on the Gold Coast, where it rained, and it was some rain, not the heavy rain of Scotland but real tropical downpours, for almost the duration of our stay there. Then it was on the plane again, heading for Melbourne where we picked up a hire car and set off for the Great Ocean Road on the way north to Adelaide again. I hope to post a few photos of the spectacular scenery of that part of the country once I am home....well, maybe I might just try a few when I've finished this.
Once back home in Adelaide the temperatures resumed the highs of the days before we left for the "holiday within a holiday". Today we were back at my favourite beach at Aldinga where the temperature was 38 degrees.
I've not been without my usual little mishaps. I fell off the arm of my sofa bed when replacing a wall plug and have ended up with what I can only describe as a sort of injury that looks like I've had a close encounter with a great white!..........sounds better than what actually happened, and I have at last learned not to go out after 5pm as the little mozzies come out to graze then and I look like a smallpox victim.....at least not with any bare flesh showing.
It's now 9.30pm and the temperature is 29 degrees. This IS another world!

No comments: