Tuesday 10 February 2009

Change in temperature.

We've experienced a big drop in temperature over the last couple of days with daytime reaching as low as 15 degrees C. Tonight I had to wear my jersey I had discarded into the rucksack at Singapore, on the way out here, plus a borrowed fleece, to accompany Julie to her ringcraft classes held outside, as is the norm here. Last week they had been looking for shade for the dogs, but this week it was more looking for shelter! Let's hope it warms up a bit SOON.
I'm having great difficulty posting photos: so far tonight I've managed only one..........see below.
So far I've had a tour of the Barossa valley, famous for it's vineyards and wineries, seen some old colonial type towns with their covered sidewalks, visited the Fleurieu Peninsula, south of Adelaide, where we saw Granite Island which hosts a colony of the smallest penguins in the world, but unfortunately they were all at sea, in the true sense, during daylight hours, when we visited and today we drove to Handorf, the oldest German settlement in Australia, set up in the Adelaide Hills to the east of Adelaide, with its German style architecture and restaurants. This was followed, on the return journey, by a drive up Mount Lofty with its spectacular panoramic views over Adelaide and the surrounding suburbs, which cover a vast area.
Tomorrow we prepare for a trip to Brisbane where we have relatives who emigrated over 20 years ago.

2 comments:

jakay said...

Must say "Mount Lofty" is the best name ever for a hill.... except for maybe Mount Muckle

Gennasus said...

Hmmmmm.....that sign gives me an idea! I could probably supply half my street.... and guess what I'll have in my overnight bag for you next time I visit!